Monday, June 21, 2010

Leftovers?

What do you think? Do you like leftovers?
For me, it depends. If I have a really good recipe in mind, but know that I have to use stuff up, I'm dissapointed. But if I'm hungry and want something quick that I know I put a lot of effort into, its great.
Dinner tonight was leftover wheatberry black bean corn salad. I sauteed red onion and carrots, plus fresh herbs from our garden. I'll admit, I went crazy! I chopped basil, cilantro, parsley and mint. Surprisingly good! I drizzled it with valencia hot sauce, less than 1/4 of an avocado, (the rest was brown! :( ) and a tiny drizzle of brown rice syrup. Don't hate it until you try it.
I ate outside today! First day this year. So pretty.

My cat Bourbon came outside after a while, and I managed to snap a cute picture of him. Yay!
Wer'e growing SO MUCH! I'm going to show you the herb department tonight. We have:
Italian parsley


So much mint I'm gonna cry.
Thyme. ( I was gonna make a pun for this, but figured it would be pathetic.)
Sweet basil (My favorite herb!)
'Lil basil plant! I can't believe you started out just as a sprout...
I went to whole foods on my bike to pick up ingredients to test out my tempeh bacon.
It's marinating away in the fridge right now. Who knows how it'll turn out?! Scared. But gonna see tomorrow morning whether it is worthy to serve to customers. Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment