Saturday, August 7, 2010

Back from camp!!

Camp was awesome!! So many friends, fun stuff, and weird camp stuff that us crazy Greeks do. Shout out to any camp friends who are reading this-thanks and heloo!
I shared a cabin with 18 other girls, and it was amazing, there was virtually no drama and we were so close. So many fun memories!! I'm glad to be back, but I miss it.
Food wise? I brought my staples, kamut puffs, soymilk, apples, wasa crackers, hummus, and some of those date quinoa bars. I couldn't eat a ton of what they had there, but I could have some because we were fasting this week on monday, wednseday, and friday. They actually had garden burgers one day and the first ingredient was brown rice! I had one, not bad but not my personal favorite. Other than that, mostly I could have the veggies, and believe me I had plenty of that amazing salad.
I got back and my dad and I went grocery shopping, got flour, sugar, oats, plums, hummus, crackers, corn puffs, a few other things. I had a bowl of cereal and some carrots for dinner-my idea of comfort food!
I don't have a lot to say, but I know for sure I'll be baking this week for this party thing. What do you think-blondies with macadamia nuts and caramel, or a cookie of some sort? There is someone making cupcakes, so I'll stay away from anything with cake resemblence.
Oh! I made gaspacho from fresh and fast vegan pleasures with the crazy boatload of tomatoes we have. Pics tomorrow! It was super yummy.
'Pologize for no pics, but tomorrow I promise I'll post some foodie pics.
Love you all and thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment