Friday, May 14, 2010

Bread...so good

My mom requested that I make her bread for mothers day. Awesome! Yes, I know it's late, but we were away over mother's day weekend. I based it on a recipe from The Farm Vegetarian Cookbook. It was delicious-I'm mad it's almost gone.:(
In a small bowl, mix
1 cup warm water
2 T baking yeast
2 T agave

Stir it a few times and wait a few minutes until it foams up.

In a large bowl, mix
2 1/2 cups water
Scant 1/4 cup date sugar
few drizzles agave
2 T canola oil

Add the yeast to this and mix well. Add 1 cup all purpose flour, 2 1/2 cups oat flour (rolled oats blended into a powder) and 7 cups whole wheat flour. Knead this for a loong time, adding water if needed. Put it in a warm place and leave for an hour or so or until it doubles. Let them rise, cover with the towel, and put into oiled pans (or a baking sheet) and bake for about 40 minutes in a 350' oven. Sprinkle raw oats on top for extra chewiness! Its the best bread ever.


My new favorite combo is a baguette slice of this bread, a slab of earth balance, and some agave. I was in a little mini heaven yesterday, only hearing the songs of the angels in my head. (As I ate it...) Yes, I know.

TRY THIS! You know you want to.
I apologize for the lack of pictures and posts. But I have a legitimate excuse. MY CAMERA BROKE! I can plug it in and upload pictures, but I can't take pictures. How sad. I may still do posts, but I'm warning you that they'll be boring as there will probably be no pictures. Pout.

No comments:

Post a Comment