Monday, May 10, 2010

I'm back!

Sorry about the blogging absense for...3 days? Oops. I was in Virginia for a wedding, which was really cool. Everything is so pretty driving through Pennsylvania and Maryland; lots of open sky, huge hills, and a bunch of trees. It was sooo nice out too! On the way there, we stopped in Maryland at a crabcake restraunt. Didn't think I'd find much there, but turns out they had a VEGAN split pea soup! Surprisingly good. I added the parsley, yeah. I went there. I also had a mixed green salad with balsamic vinegar and oil, with some currants on the salad.
Plus a perrier.

We went to our hotel after that, and I had a quick workout (20 min?) on the eliptical in the hotel gym. Plus some sit ups and 10 very painful pushups. Yes, I'm a wimp.

The wedding was fun that night, we did tons of dancing! There was also a giant dancing dragonhead and drums, the bride was chinese. The whole reception was really cool and multicultural.

My cousin and I on the way to the wedding.

They had an AWESOME cake!(s) The cupcake tower was my favorite, but the steelers carrot cake rocked. (to look at-unfortunatley neither was vegan.)

The next morning, there was a lovely continental breakfast. I helped myself to tons of melon and pineapple, a lil' bit of oatmeal with banana chips and granola, and a few raisins. Glad they had it there.

We got back in town around 10:15, and I went to bed shortly after. I had to unpack though-very fussy about that!! But I'm glad I'm done unpacking.

Breakfast on Monday was some cereal (duh) half kamut puffs, half Kashi go lean. I could live on cereal, no joke. I topped it with cinnamon, a bunch of strawberries, and rice milk. Yumzo.

We stopped at trader Joes and got crackers, tempeh, a mango, dried pineapple(crack), walnuts, and a couple other things. I love that place so much. Oh, and a chocolate bar:)


For dinner, I tried the TEMPEH! First (MY DAD DOESN'T BELIEVE ME) time having it! It was fine, but I still prefer tofu. My little reliable pal, tofu. We grilled it and I made a deconstructed fajita, topped with caramelized onions, peppers, avocado, tomato, and salsa. I also had some trader Joes savory thin crackers with it. Great dinner on the whole, but still trying to find a killer tempeh recipe.

Finished din din off with 2 squares of this amazingness.

Well sorry for the-abrupt blog. But I'll be blogging again tonight to catch up with today's events!!

1 comment:

  1. This was a very nice post! Glad you enjoyed the wedding trip.

    ReplyDelete