Tuesday, August 10, 2010

New trends in the kitchen

A new favorite light lunch or dinner for me has been centered around wasa crackers. I'm in loove with these things. They're crunchy, whole wheat, and theres even SOURDOUGH flavor! Like.
I spread it with a little hummus, a squeeze of hot sauce or mustard, and thinly sliced veggies. So good! Filling and fiberous too.
Today I used up the Jalapeno hummus :(, topped it with some leftover gaspacho, and a little bit of fresh tomato. I topped the other one with greek olive hummus, cucumber, and franks red hot sauce.
It's oozing.
I had another (1/8?) of a wasa cracker with tofutti and strawberry jam. Good bite! Also a mountain of carrots with some yellow mustard. I reccomend this very much!

Eat. This. Now.

Enough carrots, Olivia?

Earlier today I volunteered at Harvest Kitchen, which basically is a prepared food Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) program. They take local, seasonal food and prepare what the people's community share would be into meals, and give the meals to people with shares. It's a little hard to explain/understand. I stayed there for about 3 hours, chopping, grating, and mixing. I had fun meeting new people and being helpful! They were making pizza with homemade sauce, green peppers, and mozzarella, (vegan!) potato salad, zucchini fritters, and some sort of a basil cheese sauce. I think there was more, but I can't remember! I'll keep you posted on harvest kitchen. They're website is http://www.harvest-kitchen.com/.

Possibly I'll be back tonight, but who knows, sometimes I go 1 week without posting, other times just a few hours...

No comments:

Post a Comment